Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday's

I think Sunday's are the worst. I miss seeing Dennis up on stage singing with the praise team. Sometimes it's hard to even sing. Sunday was a special day in our home, the one day that was different than the rest of the week.

This time of the year has so many memories anyway and most of them are related to grieving. My daughter was born at 28 weeks back in 1980 on Nov. 24th, a Monday (just like this year). She was very ill and this was before many of the new medications for premature babies. She died Dec. 2nd. My first husband had a bone marrow transplant in 1987. He was admitted to the hospital on June 16th and died December 25th without ever leaving the hospital. My father died unexpectedly the Saturday after Thanksgiving 3 years ago. Now Dennis is gone also, and at the same time of the year. But still Sunday's are the hardest and when I miss him the most as far as days of the week.

In the meantime I have managed to get all my Christmas cards done. I have bought all the presents and mailed them off. I'm planning on a small Christmas get together here on Christmas day with a larger one on the 28th when my brother & his wife are here.

The alpaca seem to be doing well & enjoying the cold weather (unlike me).

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and most of all show love to your loved ones & let them know how much you love each one of them. Remember Christ, He loves us each one. I praise God for His love & guidance shown to me not only all through my life but especially the past 5 weeks. Praise His Name.

No comments: