Monday, March 16, 2009

A Surprise

You just never know what is going to happen. I was headed out to feed the female alpaca this morning. The corgis of course go along to "help". As I was about half way through the field I suddenly realized that a non-alpaca was in the loafing shed. The alpaca were away in the side field anyway. It was a CALF. What a surprise. The neighbors were walking behind the loafing shed when I was walking toward it. A year or more ago Dennis moved the water trough into their property, but the lowest barbed wire line was broken. No one had fixed it & we hadn't had a problem. Today there was a problem.

I managed to distract Malen with a "treat" but Jamie refused to be distracted. She had to help HERD that calf. And help she did. The calf ran back under the fence where she belonged!!

It was a beautiful Spring day today...............I think we got above 60 degrees!!!

God is good.

No comments: