Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Auction

Yesterday we had the auction for all the "stuff" in my parents home and also at Center Motor, the Ford dealership that my father had for many years. It was a sad day in many ways..........but it was also such a relief for me. The "garage" has been on my shoulders mentally & physically for over 4 1/2 years. It has been a burden & not a light one at that.

But it is all done now. The house was full & bulging with stuff. I do not know how many trips to the dump my sister & her husband made, but I would guess 3 or 4. Plus the 4 of us divided up what we wanted and removed it. There was still a house full of "stuff". I do mean a house full. My pastor amongst a number of other people came & helped move everything out. He asked where in the world all the stuff came from. He couldn't believe we got that much out of the house. It inspires me to toss & clean...................after I rest & recover from Monday & the previously weeks.

No comments: