Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer

Busy times. The water is on for the ditches. The heat outside has finally been turned on (thank you Lord) so perhaps summer is here. I'm trying to get gardening & flower beds worked on plus the grass...................seems like there is always something to do.

We dyed fiber in our guild meeting Saturday & everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. Another learning experience for many.

I look around at all that needs to be done & look at how much Dennis has done each year. He had a tremendous amount of energy and got a lot accomplished during the time he lived here. I miss him.............more than words can tell.

Not much other news here, just keeping very busy.

2 comments:

Glendora Friends Church said...

Hi Wanda. With summer coming on I wonder if you think much about Prarie Dogs there in Monte Vista? The reason I ask is I just read your hometown's name along with a story about P-Dogs in a book by Bill Geist titled "Way Off The Road". Ever heard of it?

Wanda said...

No, I'd not heard of that book. BUT looked it up on Amazon. The Prairie dog section is about Cortez, CO. Cortez is about 3 1/2 hours from Monte Vista (my hometown is Center)...........I've not seen nor heard of prairie dogs here. Doesn't mean there are none around. Mostly I hear of gophers & fox dens out in the fields!!