Monday, August 1, 2011

Fixing things around the house

Willie has been using my Grandfather & Grandmother's bedroom set. It was probably made in say the 30's or 40's. It is a nice set & he has been using it since we moved here. Well two days ago he broke a slat that goes below the box springs. Finally last night I did some measuring, how long a piece, how thick, how wide...........then out to my barn I go to see if I have a piece anywhere close to what is needed.

I could find no piece of wood 5/8 inches thick. This morning I ask Burlin (who does the watering & all the farming for me) a little about it. He said they probably don't even make wood that thickness any more & to go with 3/4 inches. Sure enough I had quite a few pieces that thick.

So we tore apart his bed. I made him measure what was needed. Then out to the shop we went. He had to measure how long & we used the saw to cut the wood. It was a bit wider than the old pieces, but with his weight gain, wide is good for support.

Now he has 4 nice big slats below his box springs & hopefully the bed will hold up a while longer. Now for other projects that need to be done!!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Way to go, hearty mountain woman. I'm proud of you.

Chinsinsi Amos Phiri said...

Hey mom, I hope all is well for you and Willie. I joined this today and thought of dropping this message. You are in our prayers.
Chinsinsi & Euster

Wanda said...

Hi Son.....yes, things are overall going well. Lots to do. I have a friend who is coming over on weekends and helping when he can. He needs a little extra money right now. So he helps Willie with the bigger farm items. Good to hear from you.

Pg Slot เครดิตฟรี said...

Pg Slot เครดิตฟรี หรือ มีกิจกรรมที่แจกเครดิตฟรี PG SLOT มีโปรโมชั่นและก็ยังมีแอดมินทำงานที่จะรอเอาใจใส่ดูแลผู้เล่นตลอด 24ชั่วโมง ฝากไม่มีอย่างต่ำที่เว็บของเรา Pg-Slot.Game